INTERVENTION SECTOR(S): Rapid response to crisis – MHPSS for children and parents
CONTRACT TYPE: Part Time
PERIOD OF EMPLOYMENT: 4 months
LOCATION: Zakarpatsia, Ukraine
SALARY: 1200 (USD)
EDUCATIONAL DEGREE: Bachelor Degree
DEGREE DETAILS: A bachelor’s degree in clinical psychology.
EXPERIENCE : 1 to 3 years
UKRAINIAN LANGUAGE: Fluent
ENGLISH LANGUAGE: Fluent
REQUIRES A COVER LETTER?
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your updated CV and a cover letter in English, detailing how you meet the responsibilities and requirements to email@example.com, with “ MHPSS Expert Ukraine” as the subject line. CV-only applications will not be considered, submitting a cover letter is required.
CONTACT PERSON POSITION:
HR & Admin Officer
CONTACT PERSON EMAIL:
INARA is a non-profit that provides access to life-altering medical and mental health care to conflict-impacted children. These children are injured or traumatized by the horrors of war, in the aftermath of conflict, unsafe living conditions, or human induced or natural disasters. INARA fills programmatic gaps and takes on cases when no other institution can.
INARA’s response to the Ukraine crisis – one of the largest displacement crises in the world today — is focused on humanitarian needs that arise, particularly among Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) and Refugees with the primary focus on children and youth in line with INARA’s mandate. Pursuing its overall strategic goal of building the resilience and recovery of vulnerable and conflict/war affected young people and children in the first place, INARA in partnership with Mariupol Youth Union aims at supporting integration of families with children into new communities through the creation of a Safe Space for adaptation, socialization of children and their development in Mukachevo district, namely settlements: Mukachevo, Verkhnokoropetsk (Upper Koropetsk) community. The space will create an environment conducive to psychological recovery and return to the normal rhythm of life for children and their parents as well and give them time to look after themselves and allocate some time for self-development and livelihood activities.
INARA has a PSEA Policy that the successful candidate will be expected to comply with and promote.
- Actively promote the availability of counseling services and carry out individual or group counseling (psychological first aid (PFA) and psychosocial support (PSS).
- Refers to other specialists or other institutions for further assistance, when necessary, in line with the available local referral pathways, to ensure an effective and efficient case management process.
- Inform and discuss with the line manager any difficulties and problems of any kind.
- Take an active part in MHPSS related training topics for staff.
- Prepare and submit MHPSS reports regularly
- Plan and conduct awareness sessions
- Assist in the development and implementation of psychological programs.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records, documenting all relevant information, including assessments, treatment plans, and progress notes. Prepare reports on activities and outcomes to contribute to program evaluation and improvement.
- Collaborate with mental health professionals in responding to crisis situations and providing immediate support to individuals experiencing acute psychological distress.
- Work collaboratively with multidisciplinary teams, including psychologists and community workers, to ensure holistic care for individuals and communities.
- Participate in team meetings, case conferences, and other related activities.
- Reports to the Rapid Response Coordinator on a regular basis through weekly catch ups.
- Ensure submission of a monthly narrative reports and other docs to INARA project management
The working environment will be online-based work.
- A bachelor’s degree in clinical psychology
- At least 2 year of experience is required, preferably in NGO sector
- Proficiency in English in addition to Ukrainian
- Excellent oral and written communication and reporting skills.
- Competence in Microsoft office, and data collection tools.
- Decision-making skills for acting on policies and strategies.
- Ukrainian Citizenship is Required.