Country Manager – Turkey
INARA is looking to hire a Country Manager on a full-time basis to lead its portfolio in Turkey. The Country Manager is responsible for the strategic implementation of INARA’s operations and programs in Turkey. The position holder will manage the day-to-day operations and ensure the smooth and successful running of INARA Turkey Office, in addition to cultivating partnerships and expanding the organization’s portfolio in Turkey.
INARA has a PSEA Policy that the successful candidate will be expected to comply with and promote.
Position: Country Manager, Turkey
Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Deadline: 15 September 2022
Starting Date: 1 November 2022
Employment: Full-time basis
INARA provides life-altering medical care and reconstructive surgery for children (0-18 years) who have injuries due to war, blasts, or unsafe living conditions, and are unable to access or afford treatment. INARA’s work consists of filling the gap in access to free of charge medical and surgical treatment. INARA also supports ongoing cases with medication, medical equipment (such as prosthetic, eyeglasses, glass eyes, hearing aids), laboratory and diagnostic testing, transportation, accommodation prior/post-surgery, and other therapeutic regimens (speech therapy, physiotherapy, psychotherapy). In addition, INARA provides psychiatric and psychological therapy services to children in need through its in-house mental health program.
- Day-to-day management and oversight of INARA’s Turkey operations and program activities.
- Provide direct management to the heads of sections (case management, finance and communications), ensuring work is delivered in a timely fashion.
- Provide support to the Fundraising & Development Coordinator in proposal writing and granting-making processes including budget development.
- Seek local funding and fundraising opportunities in Turkey.
- Coordinate with INARA’s local legal accountant to ensure that the organization is within the legal framework in Turkey.
- Coordinate with INARA’s local board in Turkey (through the locally registered organization) to engage them in developing fundraising opportunities and keep them informed on progress.
- Maintain and develop INARA’s medical, humanitarian and other partnerships for enhanced collaborative work. This includes ensuring INARA is represented within the humanitarian community in Turkey.
- Ensure that INARA’s policies, systems and guidelines are implemented and adhered to, across the organization in Turkey. This includes adaptation of the operational system when necessary.
- Ensure that INARA meets its responsibilities to its donors and maintains transparency in its operations.
- Ensure that the Turkey country program is implemented within budget.
- Responsible for training and personal development of the staff.
- Uphold INARA’s HR policy and encompass an HR function, in coordination with the finance and administration staff in Turkey and Lebanon.
- Responsible for ensuring quality and accountability to INARA’s beneficiaries, including upholding the beneficiary centered casework process and M&E tools.
- Represent INARA when required, in local and international press, internal communications and external events, in coordination with the Communications Manager.
- Ensure that INARA’s operations encompass the fundamental principles of the organization, including putting the best interest of the child first and child protection standards.
- Carry out other duties as requested by the organization’s President and board.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in business management or any client-centered field; in certain cases, 9+ years of relevant experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 7 years of program development and implementation in the humanitarian sector, preferably in Turkey or the Middle East.
- Management of a team of 10 or more staff members, with excellent team leadership skills.
- Strong written and spoken English skills is required, including report writing and proposal development, plus Turkish and/or Arabic at a conversational level.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Strong ability to multitask and set priorities, and manage a varied workload.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with an ability to communicate to a wide range of actors.
- A demonstrable understanding of the current socio-political and refugee contexts in Turkey and Syria.
- Experience in financial management and familiarity with administrative systems, including Microsoft Office.
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability to different environments.
- Turkish Citizenship.
- Experience working frontline with vulnerable people in Turkey or the Middle East.
- Experience working with vulnerable children who have medical needs and corresponding knowledge of the principles and practices required when working with these children.
- An understanding of medical issues which arise out of conflict situations.
- Existing relationships within appropriate humanitarian organizations and/or medical providers.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your updated CV and a cover letter in English, detailing how you meet the responsibilities and requirements to email@example.com, with “Country Manager – Turkey” as the subject line.
CV-only applications will not be considered, submitting a cover letter is required.
Please note that INARA does not cover any relocation costs for this position.